Free School Meals
You can claim free school meals for a child if they are in full-time education, you are responsible for the child, and you get at least one of the following benefits:
- Income support
- Income based job seekers allowance
- Income related employment and support allowance
- Guaranteed pension credit
- Child tax credit with an annual income each year of less than £16,190 (as assessed by tax credits)
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Universal credit (provided you have an annual earned income of no more than £7400 or £616.67 monthly)
If you receive child tax credit and working tax credit, your child will not qualify for free school meals.
Universal Free School Meals
Even if your child receives Universal Free School Meal (Reception, year 1 and year 2) it is still important to make an application as the school will receive additional funding, known as the pupil premium, for every eligible pupil.
What should I do if I think my child might be eligible for free school meals?
If you believe your child is eligible for free school meals, please use the link below for more information. You can claim them directly online via the link below.
The Academy can complete an eligibility check on your behalf. If you call into the academy office and sign an eligibility check form, a member of our administration team can find this out for you.
Why is it important to claim if you are eligible?
- Your child will be able to receive a school meal every day with no charge. This would be a saving of £11.25 every week; approximately £45.00 every month and approximately £440 across one academic year. Please note, once you are eligible, your child will be entitled to a free meal every day until they leave Year 6 – this will not change even if your financial situation changes.
- Some external visits are offered at a reduced rate for pupils who meet the eligibility criteria, for example, the PGL weekend in Year 6.
- We receive additional funding for every child who is eligible for free school meals. Every penny goes into supporting the pupils through teaching, teaching support, resources, interventions etc.
If you have any questions at all, please contact Mrs Scott, Principal or Mrs Bond, Senior Academy Administrator. Thank you.